Favourite Basic Pancakes

One of my absolute favourite breakfast is pancakes. I love making the batter, enjoy the process of cooking them and lastly, munching a...


One of my absolute favourite breakfast is pancakes. I love making the batter, enjoy the process of cooking them and lastly, munching all of them up with lots and lots of maple syrup or sometimes with a bit of nutella spread and fruits by the side. I have to share this simple, basic recipe of the pancakes that I make and it can easily be twisted by adding berries such as blueberries, strawberries or even cheese in the batter before cooking it off. 

Basic Pancakes (makes 10-12 or vary depending on the size you want)


190 grams sifted plain flour

10 grams baking powder
6 grams salt
295 ml milk
1 large egg (use as a whole or I usually separate the yolk and whites as I love fluffy pancakes)

1. Preheat a large non-stick frying pan.


2. In a large mixing bowl, mix evenly sifted flour, baking powder and salt.


3. Mix in egg yolk and milk. Whisk gently till all combined.


4. In another mixing bowl, beat the egg whites till stiff. (I whisk the whites till hard peak is formed with my hands as it is such a small amount)


5. Fold in egg whites to the batter.


6. Lightly grease the pan with butter or cooking spray. Using a ladle, cook spoonfuls of the batter until bubbles form on the surface and the edges start to turn dry. 


7. Flip and cook the other side until golden brown. 


I use cookie cutters to shape out the pancakes sometimes to make finger sized pancakes for serving. Play around with what you want to do with your pancakes. You can even serve it with ice cream or make an ice cream pancake sandwich! Happy pancaking!

You Might Also Like

0 comments